- I walked the kids to the playground for some free exercise for me and free fun for them.
- I took a 3-minute shower.
- I did an assessment of our perishable foods in the refrigerator to see what we need to use up before our upcoming trip. I planned dinner and snacks around food that needs to get used up before we leave.
- I took a 3-minute shower this morning.
- I remembered to take coffee with me when we left the house this morning.
- I’ve continued working on getting my house in order, I cleaned kitchen, vacuumed living room, dining room, and kitchen (with our Roomba), did 3 loads of laundry, put away 5 loads of laundry, and changed our bed sheets.
- I skipped my shower this morning, since I wasn’t dirty or stinky.
- My husband left his lunch at home, so we brought it to him. Since we drive electric cars and are able to charge them for free, there was no fuel expense.
- I redeemed a coupon for a free 2-week supply of a medication that my doctor prescribed to me.
- We met a friend at the playground for a free play date.
- I remembered to pack food for us to take with us before leaving the house.
- We accepted a hand-me-down tricycle and pair of water shoes for one of my kids.
- I scooped the last little bits of deodorant out of the piece of plastic at the bottom of the stick and put them into the new stick of deodorant.
- I wore my pajamas a second time. I’m trying to remember to do this more often, since they don’t get dirty enough to warrant a washing after one night.
1. I redeemed $15.55 in credit card rewards. We use credit cards strategical in order to maximize cash back rewards. We never carry a balance, so we don’t pay any interest or fees.
2. I packed a coffee and snack to take with me before going out.
3. We went for a family bike ride to the playground. My bike, my bike basket, and our kids trailer were all purchased at thrift stores.
4. I took a 3-minute shower this morning.
5. I redeemed a coupon for a free packet of taco seasoning from Free Meyer.
1. I accepted a bag of hand-me-downs from my children’s cousin.
2. I hand dried a load of dishes from the dishwasher instead of using the heated dry function.
3. I skipped my shower this morning, since I wasn’t dirty or stinky.
- I downloaded two Free Friday coupons from Fred Meyer.
- I redeemed a free Starbucks reward for a venti almond milk latte with sugar free vanilla syrup.
- I redeemed a coupon for a free chicken sandwich
- The battery on our Dust Buster wasn’t working, so my husband contacted the manufacturer to inquire about a replacement battery. They offered to send us a free Dust Buster.
- I went thrift store shopping with a friend and came home with a huge haul. Including a number of things on my shopping list. I got: a vintage Russian nesting doll set, a new bike basket, two pairs of leggings, a set of 4 coffee mugs, a shirt, and a beautiful lace cardigan. I used a 20% off coupon from my Chinook book.
- I wasn’t dirty or stinky, so I skipped taking a shower this morning.
- I had a free Starbucks reward on my account and went to use it, but the car in front of me paid for my order. I paid for the guy’s order behind me, but I didn’t use my reward because it was not an expensive order. I’ll use my reward another day (probably on a pricey frappuccino drink with coconut milk).
- I filled out a survey and received a coupon for a free chicken sandwich.
- I’ve been needing to loose weight for a while now. I’ve been wanting to sign up for Weight Watcher’s new Freestyle plan, but I’ve resisted signing up because an online subscription is pricey. I remembered that I had downloaded the iTrackBites app to my phone a while back. The iTrackBites app is a knock-off of the Weight Watcher’s app. I decided to check out the app again and see if it had updated to include a knock-off of the new Freestyle program. To my surprise, they have a version of the Freestyle program (called BITES Flex) and it only cost me $11.99 for the year, which is a bargain compared to the cost of Weight Watchers. Since I don’t do meetings, the iTrackBites app works just fine for me.
- The outdoor temperature reached 83 degrees Fahrenheit today. I opened up the house while it was cool outside and then when the indoor temperature reached 70 degrees Fahrenheit, I closed up the windows and pulled the shades closed on the sunny side of the house. I avoided using the stove or anything else that would heated
- There was a yucky “situation” on one of our rugs thanks to my cat. I needed to get it cleaned up ASAP, so I got out our carpet shampoo machine to clean it up. While I had the machine out, I did some more work on Spring cleaning and shampooed the dirty spots on our carpets upstairs.
- I hand dried two loads of dishes from the dishwasher instead of using the heated dry function.
- I took 3-minute shower.
- We went for a play date with some friends at a playground. We packed snacks and drinks to share.
- It is pollen season around here and my car had a thick layer of yellow pollen all over it. Since I don’t have the means to wash it at home, I took it to the cheapest car wash I’ve found around here for only $3.
- I recently got my sewing machine set back up. I have a number of things that I want to work on, but shortening the curtains in my kids’ room was pretty high on the list. They were dragging the ground and I was always worrying that one of my kids would pull them down. I spent some time on my sewing machine and shortened them so they are fit the window.
- I spent more time unsubscribing from email lists so I’m not tempted to want and buy things I do not need.
- I added my cat’s food to our next Amazon Subscribe and Save order so we can an additional discount
- The weather has been fabulous here, which means that we haven’t needed to use the heater. It also means that I have been able to open the windows and air out the house.
- I took a 2-minute shower
- I continued working on Spring cleaning (and regular cleaning). I cleaned our bathrooms, vacuumed the entire house (via the Roomba), mopped all of our hard flooring, shampooed the bottom three carpeted stairs of our staircase, dusted artwork in the living room and dining room, and I cleaned out and organized two closets. I’ve been using this 30-day cleaning list from Apartment Therapy as a starting place, although it’s honestly missing things that I need to do and I find the frequency of some of the cleanings excessive. Also, I will say that the tasks are only supposed to take 20-minutes, which is not the case for me, even when I stay focused (admittedly I am freakishly detail oriented).
- I received an item I ordered from Amazon over a month ago. It was supposed to arrive on March 15, but arrived over a month late with no communication from Amazon letting me know what was going on. I sent them an email letting them know and they issued me a $5 promotional credit.
- I unsubscribed from more promotional emails. I often read these emails and end up wanting something that just a few minutes prior I didn’t even know about.
- I skipped my shower. I was not dirty or smelly, so I didn’t feel like I needed to waste water showering.
- I continued working on Spring cleaning (and regular cleaning, that still needs to get done amidst Spring cleaning): I cleaned and organized our office space, took down our blinds and washed them, cleaned the kitchen and living room, washed all the interior glass, put away 4 loads of laundry and washed 2 loads of laundry.
- I planted the root end of a head of lettuce. I’m not sure if this is going to work and produce any food, but it was worth a shot, since I had a spare empty planter and I would have thrown out the root end of the lettuce anyway.
- I downloaded 9 free Kindle books from Amazon. They are giving these away for free to celebrate World Book Week.
- I downloaded 3 free Audible audio books. They are also giving these books away to celebrate World Book Week.
- I spent some more time unsubscribing from email lists so I won’t be tempted to buy things we don’t need.