I’m still recovering from being sick, so it hasn’t been the most frugal day again since I spent a lot of time resting.
- I took a 3 minute shower
- I hung a load of laundry up to air dry, instead of using our clothes dryer.
- I’m in the habit of checking electric usage regularly. I’m thrilled that our electric provider gives us our daily usage data on the website. Yesterday we hit another 3-month usage low, clocking in at 9 kWh!! Weeeeeeee! Curiously, I did not do any laundry and I didn’t do any cooking, which might explain the low amount of electricity used. I’m going to experiment with using our electric pressure cooker to cook more and see if that helps keep usage low.
- My daughters redeemed a gift certificate to a local candy store that they were given.
- We kept the central heating turned off all day, except for 1 hour in the morning when the indoor temperature dipped down to 59 degrees Fahrenheit. We didn’t use the space heater at all.
Saturday wasn’t the most frugal day since I got really sick halfway though the day and spent the afternoon and evening laid up on the sofa.
1. I ate leftovers for breakfast.
2. I skipped my shower since I wasn’t smelly or dirty.
3. I hand dried a load of dishes from the dishwasher instead of using the heated dry function to save money on electricity.
4. I packed a coffee in my favorite travel cup so I wouldn’t be tempted by the siren call of Starbucks.
5. We kept the central heat turned off all day and did not use the space heater.
6. I heated up some frozen macaroni and cheese for dinner. It wasn’t a balanced meal, but it filled my family’s bellies without resorting to take out.